Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thoughts and Frustrations

I am a high school teacher. Yes, it was my dream ever since I was a kid. I always wanted to teach school children to learn. I remember that when I was asked what would I want to be when I grow up, I would always answer “…gusto kong maging teacher kasi gusto kong turuan ang mga batang matuto” (I want to be a teacher because I want to teach children how to learn.) It has been five years since I started teaching. Working in the academe makes me feel that I have a purpose in life. I have been in the private sector for almost six years and sooner, I am planning to pursue a teaching post in the public educational system to help spread learning to the general populace. 

But the other me (that’s Harry, my alter ego) sees Robby in a different field. I want to be a historian. To realize my dream of becoming a teacher and a historian, I took education and it was my plan to take History as my major. Unfortunately, due to the limited courses offered in the college where I studied, I took Filipino as it is the closest to History. I thought my dream to dig into the annals of history would end there. Thanks to the stint given to me by our parish’s Committee on Church Cultural Heritage to help them doing some editing the book discussing the history of our parish. Being exposed to the materials, the fervor was reborn. 
Several attempts to write historical essays were written in my previous blog in blogger.com, ‘coz I am always the second choice. Once in a while I tried to write something everything under the sun. Unfortunately, I had log-in problems and to have an access to it became impossible. That gave birth to another blog. In here, everyday experiences of a teacher and the patches in our local history will be written. Thus, Chronicles of a Teacher, Thoughts of a Frustrated Local Historian is born. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Robby on the new blog! I was so engaged with 'Coz I'm Always the Second Choice, nonetheless, I'm sure this new blog will fit in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ma'am Jing! Don't forget to follow. :-)

    ReplyDelete